If you have any queries or concerns about this policy, or about how We treat your information, please email email@example.com or write to Schoolstrader Limited, 2nd Floor, 45 King William Street, London, EC4R 9AN or telephone 01580 819085.
Who Are We?
This website www.schoolstrader.com is operated by Schoolstrader Limited, a company registered in England (company number: 5876101) whose registered address is: 2nd Floor, 45 King William Street, London, EC4R 9AN (referred to as “We” or “Us”; and “Our” shall be interpreted accordingly). Schoolstrader Limited is the Data Controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”).
We take your privacy very seriously and respect any personal information you provide to Us.
How Do We Collect Information From You?
We obtain information about you when you use Our website, for example when you look at pages on the site, contact us about services, if you register and join Schoolstrader, if you directly give us any information using forms on Our website, or if you ask us to send you email.
By providing your registration information when you Join, you agree that We can use your information in order to provide you with Our services and also for Our internal business purposes. If you have opted in to receive communications from us and/or not unsubscribed from receiving communications from us, this use may include emailing you in relation to an advert you have submitted or to provide you with information on the Schoolstrader service. We will also from time to time email you Schoolstrader newsletters and details of promotions, offers and competitions. Please note that you do NOT need to receive any communications from us and if you do not want to receive communications/emails, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and We will ensure you are not contacted.
What Kind of Information Is Collected From You?
We may collect and process certain data and information relating to you and your use of Our site in the normal running of Schoolstrader. Your privacy is important to us and We confirm that other than as set out below We will not release your personal details to any third party (other than Our staff or agents) for their mailing or marketing purposes. The kind of data that We collect is set out here:
- Information you provide if you fill in a form on Our website, such as if you join Schoolstrader or report an advert to us;
- Information you provide if you place an advert or notice – including photographs, logos, websites and information on the item, place or service. This is wide ranging and can also include phone numbers, costs, names and addresses;
- Information you provide to enter a competition or promotion on the site, complete a survey, or if you contact us to report a problem with the site;
- Details of your visits to Our website and the pages and resources that are accessed, including but not limited to traffic data, location data and other communication data that may assist us in understanding how visitors use Our website. This may include the resources that you access and information about your location on the internet including the domain type, IP address and URL that you came from. This information is collected and used for internal research purposes and to improve customer service; and/or
- Information you provide by emailing or contacting us through Our website and information provided to us when you communicate with Schoolstrader electronically for any reason. If you contact us, We might keep a record of your email and other correspondence.
The personal information We collect could include your address, name, email address, IP address and information regarding when and what pages are accessed. This information is recorded.
In addition to the above, We may collect information about your use of Our website by using cookies. A “cookie” is a small text file that a website asks your computer to store. Many websites use them. All cookies have expiry dates that fix how long they stay in your browser. Cookies may be removed automatically when they expire or when you delete them.
For example, We may use the following cookies:
- Session cookies, which are temporary and expire when you close your browser. We use session cookies for example to give you access to content and enable you to respond to and place ads; and/or
- Persistent cookies, which last longer and stay in your browser until they expire, or until you remove them. We use persistent cookies for things like remembering your password or one-off settings.
There may also be some third-party cookies on Schoolstrader, such as:
- Signing-in cookies. When you sign in to Schoolstrader from sites like Facebook, you allow them to store a persistent cookie that will remember your details and give you access to Schoolstrader; and/or
- User data cookies. We use sites like Google Analytics to analyse user statistics.
All data in cookies is anonymous and We don’t use flash cookies. You can still use Schoolstrader with cookies disabled but some functionality will be lost. If you do not want your web browser to accept cookies, check the ‘Help’ menu of your browser to see how to change the browser’s preferences. If you would like more information on cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
How is Your Information Used?
We may use your information to notify you about, provide you with or send you:
- Changes to the Schoolstrader website or services;
- Information you have requested and/or information that may be of interest to you, including adverts on the site of any kind, new categories, promotions, services, your membership of Schoolstrader, prize draws, competitions, offers, information about Us and replies to emails;
- Newsletters by email and information about and/or responses to any adverts you have placed;
- Information on Our website, products or services that you may have requested from us; and/or
- Information on Our commercial partners/advertisers and/or their products/services that We consider might be of interest to you.
We also may use your information to:
- Improve Schoolstrader’s website and/or services (for example for internal website performance evaluation, statistical purposes or quality control);
- Run and operate Our website;
- Present Our website content to you in the best way We can;
- Allow you to use Our website effectively;
- Process a registration you have made;
- Deal with prize draw or competition entries; and/or
- Ask you for comments on Our services or website.
We review the period We keep personal information regularly. We will hold your personal information on Schoolstrader’s systems only for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
We may collect information about your computer, including your operating systems, IP address and browser name for administration purposes and to produce internal reports. This is general data relating to the patterns and actions of web users in general and does not identify you as an individual.
Who Can Access Your Information?
In the normal operation of Our website, We may pass your information to certain third party service providers, subcontractors, agents or other organisations in order for them to provide services to you on Our behalf (for example to send you newsletters or email). Please note that if We use third party service providers, We will only disclose the information necessary to deliver the services and contracts will be in place that require them to keep your information secure and not to use it for any other purpose (unless required to do so by law).
Can I Opt Out?
Yes – you can decide what, if any, information you would like to receive from Us at any time. We will only contact you if you have opted in and/or not unsubscribed from receiving communications from us. When you register to join Schoolstrader you will be asked to confirm that you Opt In and consent to receive communications, including marketing communications, from us – by ticking a box on Our Join Us page. If you no longer wish to receive communications from us or you would like to only receive certain communications you may unsubscribe or change your preferences at any time by:
- Clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the base of emails We send and selecting the options available to you; or
- Clicking on this link: https://www.schoolstrader.com/index.php?q=unsubscribe; or
- Contacting email@example.com or calling 01580819085 and We will action your request promptly.
The accuracy of your information is important. If you change your email address, or any of the other information We hold is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us at the address above and We will update it. You have the right to ask us for a copy of the information We hold about you free of charge. If you are on Our contacts list you have the right to have your information deleted from Our list free of charge at any time. You have the right to obtain confirmation of whether your personal data is being processed and how. You have the right, when data We hold is no longer relevant to its original purpose, to ask us to erase your personal data and stop it from being distributed. If you would like to do any of these things, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01580819085 and We will action your request promptly.
Security Of Your Information
When you give us personal information, We take steps to ensure that it is treated securely on Our systems. When We have given you (or if you have chosen) a password which allows you to access certain parts of Schoolstrader’s website, you are responsible for keeping this password secret and confidential.
We might use an automated process to analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests so that We might contact you with relevant information.
Links To Websites
Transferring Your Data Outside Europe
The data which you provide may be transferred to countries outside the EU. Although this is unlikely as Our servers are in the EU, it could happen if for example a server was located in a non-EU country (and such country may not have data protection laws like the UK). By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. If We transfer your information outside the EU in this way, We will endeavour to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken so that your privacy rights continue to be protected as far as possible as set out in this Policy. If you use Our website while you are outside the EU, your data may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with Our services.
Third Party Processing
We may use third party organisations to process your personal information. As the data controller, We determine the purposes and means of the processing of your personal data. If your data is processed by a third party on Our behalf, that third party is a processor under GDPR and We confirm that We will endeavour to ensure that your data is processed lawfully by each processor. If you wish to know the identity of any third party processor please contact us.
Schoolstrader may only be used by persons aged 16 or above. We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged under 16. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please request your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with any personal data.
If you register or submit an advert or notice using false contact information or impersonating another party, We may pass your details to that party and/or to any law enforcement agency.
If you submit an advert to Us and We publish it on Our website, We may include your contact details with the advert; this is so that users interested in your advert can contact you directly.
On the website you may provide a picture and a profile of yourself. This may be displayed on any adverts or notices that you place on the website. This data may be edited at any time by you or deleted.
11 Nov 2006, amended 18 Aug 2009, 21 Dec 2011, 17 Mar 2012, 26 Oct 2013, 22 May 2018 and 14 Sept 2022.